Thursday 11 November 2010

Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

When I walked up through the garden, past the boat which was blown off its trailer a couple of nights ago, up into the trees and over the fence into Chicken Heaven carrying my pot of chicken treats this morning I was surprised by a sinister low rumble.  It seemed to come from over the back of Octomore hill.  My first thought was some sort of military aircraft, then I honestly considered a huge earthquake, and half expected a tsunami to come rushing over the brow carrying upon its curling crest a cargo of mooing cows and smashed sitka spruce.  I wondered how the television news presenters would deliver the story - 'small west coast island washed away by tidal wave - not many dead...' 
The chickens were pleased to see me, and pitched into their breakfast of yesterday's home made granary loaf (organic of course), but I thought I had better get back to the house and have a coffee, seeing as 'The End Was Nigh' and all that.  The tsunami-bearing earthquake rumbled again and again as I returned, but Susan cheered me up on Twitter by tweeting that she was surrounded by all this thunder over on the West Coast.  So that was a relief.  I would live to share another Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus) with y'all...
Cheers...
Carl

1 comment:

  1. I've had disbelieving looks from visitors when I tell them that, after a westerly storm, here in Bruichladdich one can clearly hear the waves as they break on the west coast four miles away.
    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete