Tuesday 2 November 2010

Islay's geese on Radio 4

Last week, a BBC producer was on the island recording an item on Greenland Whitefronted and Barnacle Geese for a Radio 4 series called "Saving Species". The producer promised to let me know when it was on and I have just learned that the broadcast was this morning and finished a few minutes ago!
However, the programme is being repeated at 9.00 pm on Thursday (11th Nov). The producer interviewed Morven Laurie (SNH), Craig Archibald (farms at Craigens and has a lot of geese on his land), James How (RSPB, Loch Gruinart) and myself. How much is included in the programme, I don't (yet) know, but I think it was only a 10-12 minute slot so doubtless everything we said will be heavily compressed. The programme may also appear on BBC iPlayer in due course.
Depending on lots of things outside this producer's decisions, or so he said, there are two more programmes involving me that may, or may not, appear on the radio in due course about which he may, or may not, fulfil his promise to let me know when they are on! One was a Living World programme, the other an item for the Open University.
Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment