Sunday 7 April 2013

Beinn Bheigier

For a very brief moment I was the tallest person on Islay on Thursday - and then my son stood next to me on the summit of Beinn Bheigier. What a joy it was to have him there with us. Lorna usually accompanies me, but James' presence made it even more special. It was James that spotted the White-tailed Eagle rising up from just in front of us with wings that seemed to go on forever and James who managed to get closest to the Red Deer. I was thrilled when Lorna exclaimed, "Marsh Fritillary caterpillars!" and we watched these tiny, but growing creatures emerging from hibernation to bask in the afternoon sun. What a wonderful day! I shall remember it always.
Becky (text) Lorna (photos)

Buzzard 

White-tailed Eagle

Marsh Fritillary caterpillars 

Raven 

James and the Red Deer

Spider

No comments:

Post a Comment